NVIDIA control panel is a tool that allows users to make certain customizations that may change the whole experience. It allows the customizations of any NVIDIA graphic card. It provides the facilities to modify the graphic settings like stereographic 3d, desktop size, and certain graphic options like filtering and anti-asiling.
Since you are here, that only means that you are facing the problem of the NVIDIA control panel missing on windows 10. Before moving on to the solution to this problem, we should first discuss the causes of this.
Causes of NVIDIA control panel missing on windows 10:
Sometimes there may be the problem directly in the windows but the drivers of graphic card. An outdated, corrupted, or compatible driver may lead to the breaking of the graphic card’s control panel. The user can easily troubleshoot this by updating or reinstalling the key driver.
Windows registry entries missing or incorrect:
Windows registry entries are used for many purposes in the proper functioning of different apps and software on the pc. If there is any distortion like missing or incorrect entries, this may lead to a missing control panel on the computer. The registry editor can help you out in fixing the registry entries.
Many users have reported that updating windows 10 from the previous OS to the latest has created the NVIDIA control panel missing on windows 10. If you have done the same and face the same problem, then rolling back to the previous version of windows is the best option for you. This is because the NVIDIA control panel is not compatible with the latest version of windows.
Some bugs are capable of making the NVIDIA control panel incompatible with your device. This lead to the NVIDIA control panel was missing.
Corrupt control panel:
Sometimes while dealing with other files of the pc, some important files of the control panel also get deleted. This may lead to the NVIDIA control panel getting corrupt itself. This can be fixed easily by reinstalling the software altogether.
The above given are some of the possible causes of why the NVIDIA control panel is missing. These may help you to follow the course of action requires specifically. If you are dealing with some special case, we will help you out. Here are the methods to fix the error:
Method 1: Unhiding the NVIDIA control panel
There might be a lot of reasons to hide the NVIDIA control panel. This may cause it to get missed from the system tray. But there are some Windows 10 that might add some third-party applications that automatically hide the icon of the control panel.
Now you need not worry if you don’t know how to unhide that as here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open search bar present in taskbar or press windows + s
- Now type control panel and click search
- Now click on the NVIDIA control panel represented by a large icon on the screen
- Once the NVIDIA control panel is open, click on the desktop menu available at the top of the screen.
- Now put a checkmark next to add a desktop context menu and show notification tray now close the NVIDIA control panel
- Try to pen it by doing a right-click on the desktop or by using the system tray.
Method 2: Update display driver
It is extremely important to check whether the display drivers of NVIDIA are up to date or not. As after windows 10 compatibility issues, the error cases have increased drastically due to the older version of the NVIDIA display driver that is incompatible with that.
There are some ways to fix the error that re caused due to the outdated or damage in the driver.
Option 1: Update display manually
#1. Check the type of graphic card used:
- Press Windows + r
- Type “dxdiag” and press ok
- Now you will reach to direct x diagnostic tool
- Here switch to the display tab.
- Under the device, take note of the name and manufacturer of your graphic card.
#2. Now get to the corresponding manufactures website and find the download page.
#3. Find the newest graphic card option and download it.
#4. Give a quick restart to the device.
Option 2: Update the drivers using third-party apps
The users don’t need to update the drivers using the third-party app, but if you want to, then it can be possible on windows 10.
Option 3: Update the display driver automatically
- Press Windows + r to open and run the dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok
- In the device, the manager expand the display adapter
- Right-click on current driver and click on update driver
- Now press search automatically for updated driver software
Method 3: Prevent overclocking the GPU
If you are looking for performance gain, then overclocking the GPU might not be the option. Overclocking does nothing but lifts the performance above the safety limits. This may lead to errors in the pc.
Many users have claimed that overclocking the GPU has coasted them a lot as it may lead to stop the graphic card completely. Some users have also reported that disabling the overclock on the GPU made the NVIDIA control panel reappear.
Method 4: Open the control panel manually
Opening the NVIDIA control panel manually is also an option that you can go for. Steps that you need to follow:
- Right-click on the taskbar
- Open task manager
- Now click on the “mode details” button to expand the task manager option
- Now on the processes tab, scroll down to find nvidia container.
- Right-click on the NVIDIA container processes and click on the open file location
- Now navigate for C:\program files\NVIDIA corporation folder.
- Open the control panel client and right click on nvcplui.exe, and click on the run as administrator
- Click on the NVIDIA control panel show up
Method 5: Restart the NVIDIA service
Numerous services are running in the background to run the pc systematically and smoothly. This keeps the apps running. So sometimes, the NVIDIA services need to be restarted so that the control panel can reappear.
Steps that the user needs to follow:
- Press Windows + r to open and run the dialog box
- Type “services.msc” and press enter.
- Find “NVIDIA display container LS.”
- Right-click on it and restart the context
- Repeat the above steps for all the NVIDIA services available
- After all the above restart the pc
Here we came to an end, and we have discussed all the relevant information related to the error. The above information contains the cause and the solutions to fix the NVIDIA control panel missing on window 10.
If you want to know more about these more and related topics, then stay tuned with us. Also, if you have any queries, do let us know, as we are always here to help you out. At techruth.com we deal with all those topics which can be annoying and let you feel confused too!
You might also like