Play MOV Video Files in Windows 10: We all are aware of the fact that the right resources are required whenever a person wants to watch a video on their computer. In case the right Player or Codec is not there with them, they cannot easily play the videos. One can take the example of MOV video files.
We all know it totally belongs to the Apple Quicktime container for MPEG4 format, and when it is about playing them on Windows, it will going to take some effort. Users utilizing Windows 10 sometimes users are not able to have access to it just because there is no right player or Codec available with them. If you are also going through the same trouble, don’t worry because here we are sharing the best solution for you.
What is a MOV video file?
MOV is a video format by default for all iPhone, iPad, or Mac users. Whichever video has been created on these devices got saved with the .mov extension. When transferring the files to Windows PC, it is important to have the right extension for playing them. Let’s look at the solutions.
Solutions to play MOV Videos in Windows 10:-
Get Quicktime Player:
On your Windows 10 PC, install Quicktime player. It is especially to play the MOV files. It is the Player for Mac OS is especially but right now available to utilize on Windows 10 PC as well. The steps are as follows:-
- At the very first install Quicktime for Windows 10.
- Wait for the duration until it gets installed.
- After the installation has been done, moved to the MOV file on your system.
- Right-click on the file and play it with Quicktime player.
- And congratulations, the file has been opened, and you can simply enjoy it.
Utilize VLC media player:
The VLC media player is one of the most considered choices for a very long time, and it is the go-to Player for all the users out there. It allows you to play every kind of video available on your system. For it, the steps are as follows:-
- At the very first, get the VLC media player on your device and install it.
- After downloading the VLC media player, open it and heat on the media option right there, available in the top bar.
- Now file menu appears, choose the file you want to play.
- Congratulations. Within no time, the file will get played, and you can easily see the video.
Utilize Windows Media Player:
Windows 10 comes up with a built-in Windows Media Player, and it is the default player which allows users to play the videos of their choice. After an update to the video player supports MOV files which clearly indicates that there is no need for you to install any other application. But we suggest you update the Windows Media Player version because it is active on 12.0 or higher versions. You can simply check it out in settings and update it.
Here we have shared the best steps that will help you to play MOV files easily. If the problem persists, do let us know, and we will help you to get the best answers.
You might also like
Feature image source: Pixabay.com