Windows error 0x80072ee7 is the problem that is faced mainly by the users of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. Vista and Windows 10 operating system. But the most affected ones are the windows 10 users, as this problem is faced after the release of windows 10 os.
This error is the error of the Microsoft windows store that appears with the message “the server has stumbled” or “we couldn’t connect to the server”. The user can also get a popup window showing the message showing that you do not have an internet connection whether your pc is connected to the internet or not.
Ways to troubleshoot the windows error code 0x80072ee7
If you are among the ones who are also facing this problem, then you are on the right platform. Here we will act as your one-stop destination as we have prepared a list of solutions to this problem. But before moving on to the answers, first, we have to see the different type of issues faced by the users due to this error code:
If you are trying to update your windows, then this error code may appear on your screen. But you must ensure that all the other programs are running correctly.
Update error on windows 10:
Sometimes when the user tries to upgrade the windows to a new version, this problem may appear.
This may be possible because of the third-party antiviruses. So uninstalling or disabling the programs will be the best solution to it. For this, you can follow the steps provided by is below. These can be used for windows 10 or lower versions.
Windows 10 store:
There are some chances that this error code may appear while opening the windows 10 store. This might be the cause of some of the corrupted files.
Media creation tools of windows:
This error code problem may also appear while using the windows media creation tools. One can fix it by editing the host files.
Now here are the strips that one can follow to get rid of windows error code 0x80072ee7:
Method 1: DNS server address changing
Many professionals and the Microsoft community forum mentioned that one of the best solutions to this problem is by changing the DNS serve address.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
- First, click on the search icon on your pc available in the taskbar
- now type the control panel and then click on it to open that
- Now find the network and internet option and then go to the network and sharing center.
- choose this change adapter setting option from the left pane menu
- Here you have to look for the network that you are currently using and then do a right-click on that.
- select properties option from there
- now scroll down until you find the internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click on that and then select properties.
- it’s time to choose the options which say “use the following DNS server address.”
- here you have to enter the values 220.127.116.11 ( for DNS server ) or 18.104.22.168( for alternate DNS)
- Now save the changes that you have made and then restart your pc.
Method 2: WUReset script running
WUReset script is the one that can help you to resolve the issue of the windows 10 update. This custom-made script not only deletes the software distribution folder but also resets the window update process as it is automated. It saves your time and effort as you won’t have to perform such actions by yourself. The user has to search for the scripts online and follow the simple steps to use them.
Method 3: launching SFC scan
Windows 10 or older versions like Windows 7 and XP have a built-in feature that makes them reliant on finding and solving the errors. This system can deeply scan the device and find out the possible issues after running the SFC scan. So the user can take advantage of this software by troubleshooting the windows 10 upgrade error 80072ee7.
Here are the steps that you must follow to perform the SFC scan:
- now first step here is to type windows crucial + X non the keyboard
- Now you have to select Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell; (admin) from the list.
- Here it would be best to type “sfc/scannow” (no quotes) and then hit enter.
All these will take a minute or more. It is advised to the users not to disrupt the device until the whole process gets completed. After this, close the command prompt.
If the error persists, you can run the DISM scan by launching the command prompt and pasting below.
- DISM/o online/ cleanup-image / restore health.
Method 4: Edit the host file:
Sometimes there is a possibility that there is an alteration in the host file that has caused the error 0x80072ee7 to appear. Many surveys have shown that some users had found 0.0.0.0 IP addresses in their host file. If you are among those, don’t worry, as you can get rid of it on your own by removing the addresses or typing the #symbol at the beginning of the line. The user must take some caution as it will be of no worth by modifying the host file.
Method 5: Register permission change:
It may be the possibility that your registry has not correctly been configured. As it may be causing the error 0x80072ee7 to show up. One can fix this type of problem by just making some small changes in the registry. Just follow the given steps:
- Initially, run the dialogue box by clicking on window key + R on the keyboard.
- Now navigate to “ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\service\tcpip
- Now right-click on Tcpip then chooses permission from the list.
- Click on advanced
- Make sure that you should replace all child object permission entries
- Now save the change by clicking on apply and ok
Method 6: Check the settings of antivirus tools:
Some cases are also there when the antivirus may interfere in the system updates and causing the error 0x80072ee7 to appear. The user can fix this issue by disabling the antivirus security feature from the security options. Now check the antivirus tool’s firewall and turn it off. If this doesn’t work for you, you will be advised to disable the antivirus altogether for some time.
If you can get rid of the error by just disabling the antivirus tool, then you should change the brand of antivirus.
Method 7: Remove the application causing the error:
There are some cases when users have complains that some third-party applications have caused the error code 0x80072ee7. It is also claimed that some third-party registry cleaner apps are also responsible for this error code.
So to fix this error, you have to find the problematic application and delete it from the device. One can use the uninstaller to remove the complicated application. In case the user is not familiar with this, use the uninstaller available as it can remove the entire programs from the windows registry files too.
So there are some information about the error code 0x80072ee7 and also the methods to fix it. If you still want to know something more, then do let us know and stay tuned with us to get more information related to the tech world.
You might also like