Table of Contents
Install Android on a Nokia Lumia Windows phone: Whenever we choose a mobile we choose for a better user interface, user experience, and free games or applications. Now if we want to compare android and Lumia or windows phones. The user interface and user experience of the android operating system are much better than windows phones.
Also, the app store for android which is powered by Google is very rich. Nowadays most apps are launched on android and mac only, and companies do not want to spend much on other operating systems because the maximum number of users are from android and mac only.
A very few people use windows and also they are either changing their phone to android or some techie people wanted to change their operating system from windows phone to android. So here we are providing you the complete guide about Lumia, about android, steps before installation, steps to install android on Lumia or windows phone, after installation, pros, and cons of installation.
What is Lumia?
Lumia or Nokia Lumia are mobile devices that were manufactured by Nokia and later it was marketed by Microsoft Mobile. Nokia Lumia devices were Introduced in 2011 for the first time. Lumia smartphones run on Microsoft software, the Windows Phone operating system, or Windows 10 mobile. For more details visit this link.
You will find the steps to install android on a Lumia windows phone at the end of the content.
What is Android?
Android is an operating system used for mobile devices. Android is a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Android is developed by a consortium of developers referred to as the Open Handset Alliance and commercially sponsored by Google. Android was started in 2007. Visit this link for more information.
Things to Consider for going for Install Android on Lumia
Before installing android on Lumia windows phone, create a backup of your files and save it on your system. Also take a complete backup of your phone so that later if you want to change it from android to windows again, then you’ll be able to restore it with the help of this file.
How to Install Android on Nokia Lumia windows phone:
Go through these easy and simple steps to get Android On your Lumia Window Phone:
1. Create a backup of your Windows Phone software.
3. Run Win32DiskImager on your system.
4. Now connect your phone and select the USB mode or Mass Storage mode.
5. In Win32DiskImager, you need to select a location where you would like to save the backup. Save it as IMEI.img.
6. Select the letter assigned to MainOS of your device, and press “Read”.
7. Your phone has been backed up successfully. Now you can close the app.
8. Now you have to download lflash.zip and extract it on your system.
9. Run uefi2lk.cmd and follow the instructions given on your screen. Now the bootloader is installed on your phone.
10. Use the volume down key of your phone and enter into the Fastboot Mode.
11. Download TWRP and flash your device. Also, download the ROM.
12. Open TWRP app, click select on Advanced, and then on ADB Sideload.
13. Using ADB Sideload, browse to the ROM you have downloaded earlier and flash it.
14. Code: adb sideload cm-13.0-201?????-UNOFFICIAL-fame.zip
15. Reboot your phone now.
16. And your phone is now running on the Android operating system after restarting.
After installing android on Lumia
1. Check for the Network, if your device still has a network or not. If not, then check for the network settings and try to search for the network.
2. Check if your device is working properly or not. Sometimes after installing android on Lumia, the touch of the device stops working.
3. Check charging ports, if it is taking the charge or notification.
4. And check other necessary applications.
If any of the above issues arise and you can’t make it correct by changing the settings of the phone then the last option is to restore the complete backup of your phone. And then your phone will be reverted back to the Lumia windows phone.
Pros and Cons
After installation, the user will be able to access the android user interface, which is better than the windows phone operating system. Also about the performance, although the performance depends on the hardware of the device like ram or processor after installing android they may see a bit of change. Because the processing of android is faster than the windows phone operating system.
What do you think of Android or Windows phones?
The choices really depend upon the user’s preference. Android is commercially marketed by Google and it has a variety in its marketplace and most of them are available for free, but the marketplace of windows phones is not as large as Android.
Also, Android provides customized UI for different Brands and gives time to time updates for patches and security.
It is always helpful and easy to be in the largest community and android’s community is very large. So it is better to adopt the change. Hope this complete guide on installing Android on Lumia will help you to be a member of the largest community.
As you can see the above-mentioned steps are to run Android OS on a Windows phone. But I think it’s better to use a Windows phone on your Windows OS. But if you still want to run an Android operating system on your Lumia Windows Phone then you can follow the above-given instructions.
I hope you are satisfied with the post. If you have any queries or suggestions for us comment below to know. Thanks for reading the post. We appreciate your visit.
You might also like