Nowadays, people are leaning towards Snapchat because of its features. Chatting while sharing your precious moments with others, what else do we want? It’s easy to use and access Snapchat and its feature through phone but gets a bit complicated while using it through Chromebook. So, I’ll help you with that and share with you some easy steps to run Snapchat on your Chromebook. Read till last to grasp the steps.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat, as the name, suggests photo and messaging app. It provides fast and easy ways to share moments with family and friends. It is a quite popular app among youth and gaining its popularity day by day due to its interesting kind of filters.
Snapchat’s interesting Features –
1) Photos –
- Snapchat opens right to the camera and press and holds for the video making.
- Availability of tons of filters or lens in its camera
- You can create your own filters and can share them with the community
2) Messaging –
- Share your moments with friends and family through Group stories
- Snap and share in the message
- Make your own Bitmojis avatars
- Videos chat with upto16 friends at once
3) Stories –
- Share your day with your loved ones through stories
- Know what’s your friends doing through their daily updates
4) Memories –
- Look back at your saved memories
- Share them among loved ones
5) Friendship Profile –
- See the moments that you have saved together
These features are quite interesting to use which made Snapchat quite popular. Now it is easy to download on mobile phones, as you just have to go to Google Play Store Search SnapChat in search bar click install button as soon as it is installed open it set up your account, fill all the details now you are good to go.
But this is not as easy on the Chromebook. Now you are wondering what is Chromebook? How is it different from normal windows or mac laptops?
Chromebook is a laptop or tablet running on Linux-based Chrome OS as its operating system. It is basically used to perform different tasks using Chrome Browser. In Chromebook, basically, all apps are stored on Cloud so the internet is the must-have to work on it. Some of the apps are not compatible with it so one has to do extra maneuvers to make it run.
So one may ask, is it possible to run Snapchat on it?
The answer is YES but Snapchat is among those apps that are not compatible with the OS so we have to do some extra maneuver to run it.
Let’s learn how we can run Snapchat on Chromebook –
As of now, we are aware that it’s a Linux-based OS so most of the work is done through its Terminal.
1) Open the Terminal , Run the below two commands – These commands install the node.js
sudo apt-get install nodejs npm
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node
2) Now further type the below command in terminal – that install the chrome os-apk tool
sudo npm install chromeos-apk –g
3) Get the Snapchat app which is already in your file manager or if not download the apk file and run the below command
4) If you wish to run on tablet mode the added prefix –tablet in your command
chromeos-apk snapchatapp.apk –tablet
5) These commands will generate a Directory that will appear in your home directory. You need to copy that directory to your Chromebook. Now got the extensions page on your Chromebook and use the Load unpacked extension.
Hamburger” menu –> Tools– > Extensions, click Enable developer mode
6) Finally tap on the launch option for Snapchat and you are good to go.
I hope this helps. And you are able to access Snapchat through Chromebook. These were some basic steps that would have helped you to access all features. Snap sending, chatting, streaks, snap map, locked gallery [my eyes only]. These are some key features that make Snapchat stand out. Access all of ‘em and happy snap chatting ; ]
You might also like