Table of Contents
What Is OEM Unlock and why do you need to know everything about OEM? OEM Unlock is a hidden feature of our smartphone that most users don’t know how to use. In this post, we are going to introduce you to What Is OEM Unlock and How To Enable It?
Well, OEM is a feature that enables you to do anything with your device. If you want to install a custom ROM on your phone or you want to root your smartphone. This article will be helpful for you in these terms.
OEM Stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. This feature was introduced right after the Lollipop version of android and android 5.0 or later came on the market.
If you need to work with a bootloader then the OEM feature must be unlocked otherwise you won’t be able to work in the bootloader.
What Is OEM Unlock And Why Do You Need It?
Well, you will be shocked to know that your smartphone can do a lot more than the company allows you to do. You can do a lot more customization on your phone with the help of OEM and bootloader.
The OEM unlock feature enables you to do every possible thing with your phone, which our smartphone company doesn’t want us to do.
But applying this feature on the phone gives you permission to do anything or everything with the phone. Once you open this OEM unlock feature on your android phone, you have full control of your phone.
Unlocking the OEM gives you the freedom to unlock the bootloader, install custom ROMs, root your smartphone, and you can modify any of the system files and partitions, and a lot more things.
But before you do that, you need to understand it properly, once you enable OEM Unlock feature on your phone, some of the smartphone (In fact all the phones) manufacturing companies remove the warranty from the device, so if there any serious issue happens with the phone, you won’t be eligible for the warranty anymore.
So do it at your own risk. Below we will share a step-by-step guide for how to enable OEM to unlock features.
Why Would You Need To OEM Unlocking?
Well before diving into the matter, it is important for you to know all the details about OEM unlocking which we are going to discuss later in this post. Generally, your device must be rooted if you are going to install custom ROM, kernel, or any other features.
Our phones have a function and that is called a bootloader that works after your phone is switched on. That doesn’t allow you to do this custom stuff on the phone but enabling the OEM unlocking will break the tramline and permit you to do anything with the phone.
OEM Un-blocking and Molestation with bootloader are maybe beneficial for you and at the same time, it may be harmful to you in terms of hardware warranty and security. OEM unlocking will also prevent the use of DRM-protected features.
How To Enable OEM Unlock On Your Phone?
Well, we have divided this process into three categories, so before you proceed with this, you should be aware of all these. Our recommendation is to please go through this article, which will make it easy for you to understand this entire process. Follow the given steps below.
Before enabling OEM Unblocker on this you should consider taking a complete backup of your android device. One thing we clear here are that only enabling the OEM won’t erase or delete your data from your iPhone unless you enable bootloader on the device.
You copy your entire phone data (Images, contacts, messages, videos, and all that are required) to another device. Because once the data is wiped from the device, it is not recoverable.
Enable Developer Option On Phone:
For doing this method developer options should be on your phone. The developer option should be enabled on the device, otherwise, you won’t be able to perform this. We are sharing the steps for enabling developer mode.
- Go to the Settings selection of your phone.
- Find the System (generally available on the bottom). In case your device is Android Nougat or below then you can find About Phone instead of System.
- Click on the About Phone/System. Now you can see all the information about your phone including model number, Android version, security patch, and a lot more.
- Now from the display list search for Build Number and tap on it 7 times continuously.
- It may ask you to enter the password you have.
- Once you do that, you will get a pop up will flash on the screen saying “You are now a developer”
- If you have successfully done it, then you will have a new option in the settings or system section called “Developer”
Step to OEM Unlock
- Simply go to settings, find the system and click on it.
- Now choose the Developer option, which we enabled earlier.
- Find the OEM unlocking option from the display list and tap on it.
- If you are having a password, simply type in the box.
- A new popup comes on the screen to confirm the process, tap on the Enable button.
- Once you click on the enable button, congratulations you have successfully enabled OEM to unlock your phone.
In this post, we have shared with you a detailed guide for What Is OEM Unlock And Why You Need It? We also shared the benefits of it and its disadvantages.
OEM enables you to install custom ROM on your phone, Once you enable it you have to enable a bootloader that prevents you from doing an unauthentic thing with the phone.
Later on in this article, we shared a complete guide for how you can enable OEM to unblock on the phone. We hope this article was helpful for you. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this, you can
You might also like