Many companies put more effort and dedicate big budgets to acquiring data. However, the Storage and protection of the data should equally be highly regarded to make the information available for as long as it is intended.
Therefore, employees must take reasonable care when working with desktops and other computer devices to avoid deleting important data. . Also, scenarios such as hard drive failure, virus attack on files, compromised files, among other factors, can quickly spike data loss.
Therefore, people are interested in knowing whether you can still recover deleted files and folders. And what if the data has been permanently deleted?
In this article, we offer several solutions to help you with whichever data loss situation you may be facing. In particular, we will show you some of the most reliable methods to restore folder on Windows 10.
This article will also help you understand whether it is possible to recover deleted files and folders or not.
Several tools in the market claim that they can recover folders on Windows. They also claim to recover permanently deleted files and folders from various devices. Like you are just about to see, some of these claims are verified and accurate to the point. However, others are just empty talks used as marketing jargon to draw attention to particular solutions.
Data Recovery Claims
Many data recovery companies are bold enough to claim to recover deleted files or those lost due to damage or device loss, etc. However, some of these claims may be valid. It would be best if you were careful when choosing a recovery solution.
In reality, no software can extract permanently deleted files and folders. Besides, any specialized data recovery lab that tries to revive your phone or computer to copy back your data will only be making a trial and error attempt. As a result, you may end up just paying for the attempts without results.
Deleted Data Recovery
If you use iPhones, you realize that nearly all the user files are encrypted. The file-based encryption has unique and separate keys that get temporarily destroyed when a file is deleted. As a result, it is challenging to “undelete” such files even if you have good third-party data recovery tools.
Even though some files may still be recoverable, this may happen if you did not delete the files, or they are just not files.
iCloud Backup And End-to-end Encryption
Indeed, some data recovery for PC claims is not a lie. Some data recovery software can try downloading the data from iCloud backup. This is, however, only workable if you had previously backed up the data in iCloud. On the contrary, this attempt may not be very successful due to the end-to-end encryption.
On the other hand, there’s only up to 5GB of storage space you can use for free for iCloud backup. When the 5GB fills up, your new photos and other files will not back up on iCloud. You will need to purchase extra Storage to enjoy extended backup for files and folders.
Photos And Videos
If you work with photos and videos, recovering them on your iPhone after deletion is much easier. This is because deleted pictures on the iPhone are not deleted but moved to a unique album – the “Recently Deleted” folder. The photos stay in the album for about 30 days and can be quickly recovered during this time.
iMessages are stored in the SQLite format. Generally, this format does overwrite deleted records immediately. Instead, they are marked as “deleted” and only remain unused. Therefore, they are stored on the “free list” and can be recovered. This is, however, only possible on iOS11 or lower.
So, Is It Possible To Recover Permanently Deleted Files And Folders?
Yes, you can recover files and folders you permanently deleted from your device. As we mentioned already, if you backed up files on iCloud, the best way to recover them is to connect your Apple account and use the Photos app. This is easier done with Disk Drill by CleverFiles.
How To Recover Deleted Files With Disk Drill
Before we show you the process, here are some of the reasons why we recommend this software for file recovery on Windows:
- Disk Drill offers up to 500MB of data to be restored for free.
- Can preview files before the recovery option is initiated.
- Any file in any format can be recovered using this software.
- You can use it for data backup and free file protection for your data.
Here are the steps to follow to recover deleted files and folders.
- Download and install Disk Drill by Cleverfile for windows on your PC.
- Launch it to begin the process of recovering your lost files.
- Once the recovery process is over, choose the drive or compartment in which you need the recovered files to be sent.
- Locate and tap the button “search for lost data.” Allow the software to run the scanning using its unique algorithms until it finds the deleted files.
- The software should now show you on the screen a list of files found. From the screen, you can preview the list of lost files and choose among them the files you need to restore.
- Once you choose the right files to restore, tap the restore button. You will then be asked to provide a new storage location for the files you have recovered.
- Now click on the chosen location and allow the files to be sent there. It is wise to send the files to a new location because the old location is already compromised and can easily lead to further data loses.
Disk Drill by Cleverfiles comes with many added advantages to the user. This is a wider edge over the competitors offering similar services for a market loaded with data recovery software options. It is user-friendly and can even be used by people with less expertise in the IT department. It’s a recovery software for Mac, computers, phones, tablets, etc.
To get the best out of this software, you can upgrade to the PRO version, a premium option. With the premium version, you are bound to benefit from the following:
- Complete data recovery beyond 500MBS deep and quick scanning options for lost files,
- Preview file before recovery,
- Assured recovery storage,
- Recovery vault,
- Smart FAT and NTFS algorithms lost partition search,
- Byte-byte backup, and
- Data loss prevention.