If you want to know how to check how long you’ve had your phone. Then stay here with this article because here you will get complete information about it.
Procedure to Check How Long You’ve Had Your Phone
Through this article, you will learn some methods to accomplish this. Here we will tell you the details of the phone of different brands because the way of checking all the brands is different.
Some brands do not provide any method to do this process. Well, let’s see the methods of how to check how long you’ve had your phone:-
Method 1: Need to Check the Settings or the Serial Number
First, you need to search in the “Settings” section for the phone’s manufacturing date.
As usual, the model and brand of your phone will determine which options you will find this information under.
After that, go to the “About Phone” option (In many phones this information is put in the About Phone).
If you are lucky enough, then you will come across a section with the words “Hardware Version” or “Manufacturing Date” in it. But not many businesses take that action.
The information is really concealed by some other brands in the phone’s serial number. Apple, for instance, has been implementing it in a number of its iPhone models.
- Therefore, if you use an iPhone, you may verify the “Serial Number” under the “About Phone” settings on your phone.
- For your knowledge, the manufacturing year will be indicated by the third digit of the serial number. For instance, if you found “0”, that indicates that it was produced in “2010”.
- if you find the digit is “1” it means the product was manufactured in “2011”, and so on. On the other hand, if the digit is “9”, it was manufactured in “2009”. The following two digits indicate the week of that year when the phone was manufactured (4th and 5th).
- If you are having trouble figuring out your iPhone’s serial number’s manufacturing date.
- You may actually open your browser and conduct a Google search to obtain more in-depth details on your phone’s serial number.
- Therefore, the serial number of your iPhone was involved in this procedure. Additionally, we advised you to look in your phone’s “About Phone” options.
Method 2: Check the Phone Box
Select a few phone companies to take the time to provide this important information in the box. So, if you are fortunate enough to still have the box for your phone, you can look on the back of the box for the details.
For the record, Motorola and OnePlus are two of the most well-known companies that print the manufacturing date on the phone box. The date should therefore be visible on the rear of your phone box if you own one of these brands of phones.
Method 3: Take a Help from Service Provider
First of all, it is preferable if you have used the same SIM card or service provider since the day you bought the phone. If so, you can contact the customer service department of the specific service provider.
Ask them how long you have been using their service or when you first started using it after you had phoned them. Most customer service representatives will usually be gracious enough to check that information for you. They will then disclose the start date to you.
Method 4: Use the Manufacturing Codes (This Method is not for Everyone)
By dialing the phone’s production codes, we’ll demonstrate how to get the phone’s manufacture date in this way.
There is a catch, though. Since there are many different phone models available, there isn’t a single magic code that works for all of them.
- You must thus conduct an online search to find the manufacturing date code for your particular phone model. However, if you dial this code *#*#197328640#*#* or this code *#197328640#*, many devices will display the manufacturing date. In some phones, you can find these codes, and after that, you can press the dial pad and dial these numbers. Then, the data will appear on your phone screen.
If these codes don’t work then try another
- Entering *#0000# on your phone’s dial pad is another common way to determine when you turned it on for the first time. When you do this, a tonne of information on how you’ve been using your phone will show up on the screen.
- If the earlier codes weren’t successful for you. Then, you can use your phone to test the code *#*#4636#*#*.
It’s been successful with some phones.
How to Check how many times you will Spend on your Phone?
Check Total Time Spent on Android
Go to the Setting menu.
After that, choose the Parental Controls and Digital Wellbeing option.
Tap Show your data that is under Digital Wellbeing tools.
You must set up your profile the first time you open Digital Wellbeing.
Check Total Time Spent on iPhone
First, Go to the “Settings” menu.
After that, click on the “Screen Time” option.
Select the “Turn ON Screen Time” option.
Then, click on the option of “Continue”.
And at the end, click the “This is My [Device]” or “This is My Child’s [Device]” option.
In the post above details, we have provided 5 different methods of knowing how to Check How Long You’ve Had Your Phone.
Along with this, you will also see some drawbacks with it. We have no control as there are various types of phones in this world of different brands.
And all other brands make their phones in different ways. And for a long time, there is no way to know the manufactured date of the phone.
So we will advise you in the last that you should try using the phone in your own way and then buy the phone. Also, if you have any problems with the given details then you can tell us your problems in our comment section. We will try to provide you solution to your problem as soon as possible.
You may also like:-